Friday, June 11, 2010

my love affair with the 1950s

i have such a crush on the 1950s. things were so aesthetically pleasing!

Photobucket
(flickr via galessa's plastics)

Photobucket
(flickr via aroid)

Photobucket
(flickr via x-ray delta one)

Photobucket
(flickr via x-ray delta one)

Photobucket
(flickr via x-ray delta one)

Photobucket
(flickr via x-ray delta one)

Photobucket
(flickr via x-ray delta one)


i love the clothes and the fashion, the home decor and furnishings! give me a car with big fins and lots of chrome any day. i will gladly play my vinyl records day and night, and pack them up in my trusty record tote when i need to take them out to share. saddle shoes, cateye glasses and crinolines under my circle skirt -- YES, PLEASE! i wish i had the option to go hang out at the drive-in or soda shop on a friday nite...instead i'm sitting here on the internet because i don't want to hang out at the mall or whatever. the music was new and exciting, kids knew how to DANCE and women actually had (gasp!) CURVES!

here is the tribute i made to my favorite decade by browsing the 1950s on etsy. this treasury took me a long time because i wouldn't settle until i absolutely loved each and every item and i wanted it to be just right. enjoy!

AT THE HOP!


p.s. speaking of vintage, one of my favorite vintage items to collect are platter paks and record totes for storing 45 rpm records. look for an "inside hotel hot trash" post coming soon featuring my growing collection..!

No comments:

Post a Comment