Wednesday, September 16, 2009

wednesday goodies

not much going on today, except that i put a couple exciting things up in the FRENZY! store:

either my timing is really, really bad or really, really good, depending on how you look at it. but i found this book when i was unpacking my halloween decorations yesterday. if you love you some patrick swayze, get this book so you can look at all the pictures of him in a wifebeater or whatever he wears. am i confusing him with his role in the outsiders? regardless...

Photobucket

i loooove mini-dresses, and this tri-colored long-sleeved one is no exception. very twiggy, no? would look great with some huge eyelashes and chunky wedges.

Photobucket

and then there is this. it's so neat i'm tempted to keep it for myself, but i already have two jean jackets and have to tell myself "NO, NO, NO!" either way, one lucky person will be sportin one of the greatest rock'n'rollers who ever lived (and the first "nerd of rock'n'roll," as my teacher in my "roots of rock and soul" class taught us). how cool is this, seriously?!

Photobucket

Photobucket


tonite i have a cheeseburger date with my cousins beth and amy (who are sisters). amy is pregnant and due any day now, so we figured the three of us better get together and act a fool one more time before she breaks on through to the other side. the other side of BABIES and DIAPERS and BREASTFEEDING, that is. the three of us grew up extremely close and amy is the first of us to get married, buy a house and have a baby, so this will be something new for all of us. personally i am jealous, because i want all those things and don't have them. and i think beth is just grossed out because she always claimed NEVER to want those things because she HATES them. heh. so this next chapter in our lives should be an interesting thing. here are some random pictures of the three of us.

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at a frankie valli and the four seasons concert

Photobucket
me and beth -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me and beth as hookers one halloween -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me, beth and amy pretending to have a fake metal band -- actin a fool (you should see the music video we made that nite...HOLY CRAP)

Photobucket
ooooooooldskool me and beth -- actin a fool

Photobucket
family portrait -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me and amy at a racetrack

Photobucket
me and beth using maxi pads for kneepads while we rollerskate -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at my 90s birthday party -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me and beth

Photobucket
me and amy

Photobucket
me and beth as kissin cousins at my mustache birthday party-- actin a fool

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at the moondog coronation ball

Photobucket
me and beth

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at amys retro rollerskating bachelorette party -- actin a fool (i have the orange shirt and awesome bellbottoms, amy is in the gold pantsuit and 'fro, and beth is wearing my great rod stewart shirt and cutoff jean shorts!)

Photobucket
me and beth with the picture we bought at an amish flea market -- actin a fool

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at amy's wedding (beth on the left of amy, me on the right)

Photobucket
me, beth and amy at my 80s rollerskating birthday party

you see the theme with us, yeah? we're pretty ridiculous. and i have great birthday parties.

6 comments:

  1. You have a friend that's getting married on Saturday who would wear the Buddy Holly jean jacket WITH HER DRESS should you feel so inclined as to gift it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing you ladies in roller skates it is clear to me that you should be playing roller derby- but invest in some better knee pads. Use the maxi's for elbow pads instead. No one ever falls on thier elbows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA can you tell that i tied them on for extra reinforcement with hot pink shoelaces?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughed all the way through! The maxi knee pads are the best ha ha! What great photos and I can't freakin' believe you got to see Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons!! Do you know how much I love the oldies?! I always wished for cousins closer in age, but all of mine were married and pumpin' out kids when I was only in middle school! Boooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh, Erin, have I said before how much fun you are? This post made me smile and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thelostearring: i wish you lived closer and could come to oldies shows with me, i go whenever there is a good one in town ; ) and i SO wish you had cousins growing up, too! cousins are such a wonderful invention.

    mab: hahaha don't be makin me blush now! but thanks :D

    ReplyDelete