Monday, August 17, 2009

mermaid women and cotton candy

last friday was my last day of work. although i was sad to say goodbye to people (some of which i have worked with all 8 years) and i dreaded the thought of never having first crack at the useless junk from the back room anymore, i knew this was something i HAD to do. just after lunch i was up in the front of the store when my friend nick said we all had to go to the back for a meeting. i walked in to find everyone sitting around a cake (with pink frosting, since my nickname at work was "pink"), a card that they all signed, and a single pink rose. it kinda made me like the place for a second, until i remembered how miserable it always made me. it was very sweet of everyone though and it made it even harder to say goodbye to them.

here are two of my besties, john and mike. you never know what you will find here, so every day is like halloween for us.

Photobucket

this is my misc department partner heather (in my cat corner!), who made me cry first thing in the morning with a sappy card :(

Photobucket

SO LONG, ASSWORLD! I'LL (sorta) MISS YOU!!!


it had been a few weeks since i went to a show, so it felt good to go see bad sports at now that's class. my friend daniel asked me to set the show up a few months ago. i first met daniel from seeing his other band, the wax museums. the band was good and we hung out at hotel hot trash afterwards, playing 45s and arguing about who is the best monkee (for the record: it's peter. HANDS DOWN!) here is an old picture of me and daniel when we were both at gonerfest a few years ago:

Photobucket

i also finally got to a carnival this summer! me, josh and my cousin amy went to the cuyahoga county fair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

not only was this this best thing i saw all day, it was one of the best things i've ever seen in my life!

MONKEY JOCKEYS!!

and not just monkey jockeys, but monkey jockeys racing each other ON DOGS!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

they even tried to have some freak shows! how cute. because what good is a fair without a good ol' freakshow?!?

Photobucket

i don't know why i'm so in love with tacky neon signs and candy-colored booths, but i am.

Photobucket

Photobucket

especially this one!

Photobucket

here is amy looking pregnant and refreshed. it isn't summer unless there's some sugary carnival lemonade involved! between the three of us, we pigged out on tons of carnival food including lemonade, beer, nachos, ice cream, gyros, cheese curds, icees, and stromboli. yowza!

Photobucket

of course, we spent a decent amount of time in barns.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

little goats are cute. i decided that we needed one. josh told me no.

Photobucket

this goat wanted josh's beer.

Photobucket

baby piglets are sooo cute. too bad they have to grow up to be so disgusting. i decided that we needed some piglets. josh told me no.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i never realized how cute donkeys are. i decided that we needed one. josh said MAYBE.

Photobucket

what's wrong with this kid?

Photobucket

Photobucket

nice beard.

Photobucket

look at these guys! HAHA! josh tried to convince me that they were in the klan.

Photobucket


in other news, josh and i added two new photos that can be purchased in our etsy store. one is the creepy-looking fireworks picture i posted in here a while back, and the other is of everyone's favorite half-man, half-bunny (without pants!) -- NOBUNNY! although i realize it isn't nearly as good as having him before you in person, it will have to make due until he hops into your town :) please take a peek at our store and see if there's anything you like! or maybe you need a unique gift for someone...our creepy artwork would make a lovely halloween present!

coming soon to our etsy shop: carnival rides, freak shows, an old creepy church, and some tacky signs...

and i'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes as of late:

"blenders kind of scare me."
-my friend mike, watching me test a blender at work

"there's a chronic FUCKER at my work!"
-josh, after telling a story about finding several pairs of girls panties in a room at work

"MASTER OF CHEESEBURGERS!"
-one of my friends from italy in the band svetlanas, praising josh's grilling skills

8 comments:

  1. Happy last day at work! But you just set off my terrible monkey phobia. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's NO WAY those little guys could be scary!!! awwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fair pics are seriously off the chain..
    just when I thought I couldn't love funnel cakes more.
    The monkeys scare me too. EEEEEEEEK!
    But the little piglets were so damn cute.

    Congrats on the last day of work!
    As far as Cinema Wasteland goes, here's to hoping,
    as long as we have some cashola rolling in, we
    are there!
    I do think our heads might explode when
    we meet each other in person..or maybe
    everyone else's will..from all that awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun pictures! love all the carnival rides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT HEADS TO EXPLODE!! I WANNA MEET!!! EEEEEEE!

    thanks, thehangingflower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i recently decided that one of the things i'm going to start collecting is carnival pictures. so, if any of THOSE make it to the etsy store... let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh THEY WILL! i saved up some good ones.

    ReplyDelete