Sunday, May 17, 2009

so WOW

a new green day album came out this past friday and it's so overwhelming on first listen that i can't even comment on it yet. after fifteen years of listening to them i am used to getting made fun of for it, but it's somehow worse when the people who are doing it now USED to like them too and have completely written them off. i know i can't expect everyone to have the same experience i did where i felt like we grew up TOGETHER, but that's ok. i respect them for how far they've come. blah blah blah. that's not my point here. my point is, the new green day album contains THE MOST PERFECT LOVE SONG IN THE WORLD. it kills me. it kills me on its own, and when it comes on while i'm making out with my boyfriend, it makes me fall apart and bawl like a little baby. NOW THAT'S SOME POWERFUL STUFF! it's the cutest thing i ever read and the most perfect way to express those sentiments that are sometimes so hard to get right...and if someone ever wrote those words for me, i would probably just die. HOLY HELL!!!


LAST NIGHT ON EARTH

i text a postcard, sent to you
did it go through?
sending all my love to you
you are the moonlight of my life every night
giving all my love to you
my beating heart belongs to you
i walked for miles til i found you
i'm here to honor you
if i lose everything in the fire
i'm sending all my love to you

with every breath that i am worth
here on earth
i'm sending all my love to you
so if you dare to second guess
you can rest assured
that all my love's for you

my beating heart belongs to you
i walked for miles til i found you
i'm here to honor you
if i lose everything in the fire
i'm sending all my love to you

my beating heart belongs to you
i walked for miles til i found you
i'm here to honor you
if i lose everything in the fire
did i ever make it through?


this isn't a very good video but i wanted everyone to be able to hear it. i'm sure some better ones will pop up once the album has been out for a while.




so the next couple of weeks are going to be some very exciting times in this rock'n'roll life. it will start this friday in columbus when the krunchies are on tour. the weekend after, josh and i are going to buffalo, ny for pain in the big neck fest. friday will be the last blowtops show ever and that's sad to me. it won't be the same when the others come over my house and creepy dave isn't there for them to pick on anymore.

Photobucket

on saturday night the baseball furies are reuniting for a show and i can't wait because i never got to see them before they broke up.

next month i am going to see THE MUMMIES but i already told all of you how excited i am for that. i still don't think it has sunken in!



later in the month, josh and i are driving to detroit to see the oblivians and the gories. oblivians are fucking great and have been broken up for a while. things are gonna be ACES in the next couple weeks!



every year the street i live on has a huge street sale with tons of garage/yard sales. people makes yummy food to sell (my neighbor always rents a sno cone machine!) and it's pretty neat. i will have LOTS of junk (vintage and otherwise) to get rid of so please stop by if you are in the neighborhood! it's on a saturday and sunday, so feel free to get a hold of me for more information if this sounds interesting to you. josh and i have also started a new business which we haven't unveiled yet but i think we will have some stuff for sale from that at our yard sale as well. if you like creepy things and abandoned crap, it just might be right up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment